Monday, December 22, 2008

The Chronicles of the P3

We are enjoying a season of "the land between" as we have left our former home (the Central Coast) and are heading to our new home (the country of Kenya). Often these seasons of limbo can be filled with stress and difficulty, but God has truly blessed our time with family. We have been so enjoying staying with Matt's (my) brother and sister-in-law and KG has thoroughly been enjoying her cousin Alexa.

The other night we were winding down the days activities by relaxing and watching "Prince Caspian" the 2nd movie in the "Chronicles of Narnia" based on C.S. Lewis' popular children's books. One scene in particular left me thinking... it was the scene when Lucy finally meets up with Aslan (the Jesus figure) who is a lion in the story, and when she sees him, she is so overjoyed that she can hardly hold it together. She runs with all her might and embraces him and loves on him. (It had been quite some time since she had actually had contact with him). Their conversation that ensued was one of both intimate and dificult issues, but also tender love and joyful extasy. So why do I bring up this scene? It brought me to a place of saying, I want my relationship with Jesus to reflect what I saw in Lucy and Aslan's relationship. That night as I got on my knees by the bed-side, my request to Jesus was that my walk with Him would reflect that intimacy and joy that I saw in Lucy's expression as she ran to Aslan and embraced him.

As we head into a busy season of celebrating the Holidays (and preparing for the mission field) I need this kind of reminder, not even daily, but throughout the day. I suppose we all do, and hence my reason for sharing this story here. I thank the Lord that we can come boldly into His throne room of Grace!
- Matt (for the P3)

2 comments:

Robin said...

PMPG-

Thanks for sharing that. I want that too.

Hugs to all.

Robin for the Meaneys.

Paul and Dar said...

Hi guys...you must be on a rollercoaster of emotions with all the farewells and hellos! We love you and can't wait to hold you...soon! God bless, Dar

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
The girls excited about a box!