Saturday, August 14, 2010

He is Faithful!

2Ti 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Two weeks ago as I prepared for my last Ladies Bible study, I found myself very discouraged and "done!" Several things were not lining up, I didn't have what I needed in the right language, I was unsure of the confidence of the Kenyan woman I had asked and been praying to lead in my absence, and I was physically tired. I was done being pregnant, done preparing for Bible study, done leading Bible study and my done list went on and on. As I got into the car and headed off to the crazy downtown area where I was sure to find myself "done" with driving on the Kisumu roads, I began to pray and simply cry out to the Lord. I asked for His strength and for Him to have His way and then He prompted me to pray for others. Oh, how refreshing it was to get my mind and heart off of myself and onto others and my King who sits on the throne.
Upon arriving to my first stop I found 4 ladies plus one of their young daughters we have in Children's church all waiting together at the stop where I pick them up. This is extremely rare for all the women to be there at the moment I arrived and I was so grateful. (It's not the best place for a white woman to stop for a long period of time.) The women were very cheerful and seemed so excited to go to study. Since the only things they recieve at study are the Word, prayer and fellowship, my heart was greatly encouraged. One of the women who was very squirmy and a little downtrodden the week before as we studied the Gospel of Jesus and talked about what it is to be born again, was extremly cheerful and had a different countance about her. I wondered if she had surrendered her life to Christ though I did not get to ask her.
We were a full house as study began and when I asked the Kenyan woman who had agreed to lead in my absence if she would lead the study (I had agreed to teach) she very confidently said yes. And she did an amazing job of leading in confidence! WOW, I was praising the Lord. Then just before we began, Maureen (Pastor's Stephen's wife) handed me exactly what I needed in the language I needed. Again, I was praising my God! Though the study proved to be a bit challenging for the women as we were learning how to study the Word verse by verse, the women seemed committed and interested. Towards the end of the study two more women from church joined us and they must have walked very far to attend. It was their first time and it was exciting to see them there.
We ended study with a reminder from John 14:20 of Christ being in us, we in Him and He in the Father using an envelope demonstration and the women really seemed to understand the verse. As we spent some time in prayer, I couldn't help getting emotional remembering how faithful our God is, especially when we are faithless and I was pretty faithless that morning. I returned home so encouraged by what the Lord is doing in these women and ask for continual prayer that the women would continue to meet and remain in the Word as I am away to have this baby girl very soon.
Always Learning,
Peg for The P4

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
The girls excited about a box!