Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Highs and Lows of our Week

Well as every week has highs and lows this one for The P3 held some very some special highs and some interesting lows. I like to start with the lows and end with the highs. :) Getting food poisoning was certainly one of the lows but we are praising God that I (Peg)am completely recovered and feeling great! God is so good! We experienced several house challenges this week, with water not working, toilets having trouble, electricity getting blown and the discovery we have at least one rat in the house, but most things have been fixed and we are determined to get the rat out. :) The most difficult low for me was once again driving in Nairobi in the heat and traffic, and my computer giving me trouble so I can't send pictures. :( But on the scale of things the lows are minor! :)

As for the highs it is difficult to know where to begin. Praise the Lord we have our vehicle and all the logistics have been taken care of. It is a relief and blessing especially to Matt. It is sort of strange and normal at the same time to be driving. As for me and driving I will just be driving around our area and maybe venture a little further as I master driving on the right side of the car and on the left side of the road. Then there are the donkeys and matatus (buses) to consider. Oh, the Lord is good and I will trust Him! Matt is doing an amazing job driving! :) Another highlight was a special party we got to throw for a graduate of the language school. The woman's name is Julia and she is from Canada. She speaks Kiswahili so fluently and is has made such an impact on the staff at our school. The Lord allowed for us to host and plan the party. We had banana bread, homemade chocolate chip cookies, chips and guac, and a Kenyan favorite madazes. (These are KG favorite!) We ate and talked and then each person said something that had blessed them about Julia and it was so amazing to hear all of the staff share. Then they sang worship songs in Kiswahili with Julia leading. It was so beautiful and touching. Then we ended in prayer for Julia and a few kid's songs for KG. She is singing the line of Jesus loves me and says, "the Bible tells me..." and then she says, "soooooo," in her monster voice. Everyone laughed and loved it. (They really love her here.) Everyone seemed to have such a blessed time at the party. God truly blessed it.

I have to include in the highlights the evening we made chocolate chip cookies with our housemates. Well, our housemates did all the work, but we did dishes. It was SOOOO much fun making the cookies and they came out so good! We also had some sweet fellowship in the kitchen and just praise God for our new family!

These two blessed us with a date night on Fri. for Valentine's Day and we enjoyed ourselves so much. When we returned not only was our girl so happy and having fun, but they had decorated our room with rose petals and goodies and our bath tub too. :) What a blessing. We had a sweet celebration.

We also were able to visit Vicky and see three older girls from Imani. They were at Vick's for a Valentine's party and we were their surprise. It was really sweet.

My last highlight is that as I have blogged, we got to connect with Matt's parents and mine. It really does our hearts good to see and connect with them. So praise the Lord with us for His grace and goodness.

I know there are more higlights but our girl who is fighting a cold is ready for home. We love you all and thank you for your prayers. Please keep us in prayer this week as our first test is Wed.

God bless you!

Peg

I have to mention

4 comments:

Jana said...

I am in tears of Joy at the blessings.

going kiwi said...

I am always so blessed by your posts and to know you are doing well. KG is definitely a joy to all but I am sure even for for them. Love and hugs

Sandra Burson said...

I love reading about your time in Kenya. We keep praying! :)

John and Janelle said...

Thank you so much for the updates! It makes it feel like you aren't so far away! :)

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
The girls excited about a box!