Friday, February 27, 2009

The "P3" takes on a new Meaning

Just a fun short story this week for our blog update... but one that I'm sure you'll all enjoy. Last week I (Matt) wore my P3 Careteam T-shirt at school, and when one of the teachers (Zach) saw it, he wanted to know the meaning of the P3. I told him all about our amazing careteam and also how the P3 stands for the Pottenger family of 3. He kind of laughed, and I asked him if P3 had a meaning here in Kenya (totally not expecting for it to carry any meaning) and to my surprise he said that it did. So I asked him what it meant. He told me that it is the name of a police form that someone must get if they have been physically assaulted in some way. In fact, before they can even be treated in a hospital they have to get that P3 form from the police so that they can get treatment (not totally sure if that is the case in true emergency situations... but very likely to be the case in non-life threatening injuries). After hearing about this new "twist" on the P3 I began to think that we were sent here to Kenya to direct people who have been assaulted (spiritually) by false doctrine, poor representations of "Christianity", the many practices of false religion and other demonically oriented things to the true source of healing... the Cross of Christ. So in a sense, we have been sent to issue the Spiritual P3 form to those who are casualties of the spiritual warfare here in Kenya. We praise the Lord that we are not the answer, but merely the signpost used by God to direct people to where their hope should rest. May God increase our strength and faith for this task that we are embarking on. - Matt for the "P3" Police team :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That is very interesting, indeed!!!

Ferguson Six in Kenya said...

That's crazy. I have to admit, I laughed a little when I read this! (:

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
The girls excited about a box!